ACE PD Committee Mtg 2009-06-03
From Extension Collaborative Wiki
ACE Professional Development Committee Meeting
PDC meeting/conference call is scheduled for 6/3/09 from 1:00-2:00 pm ET
Conference dial-in number: (641) 715-3840
Participant Access Code: 135766#
When prompted, enter the assigned access code, followed by the # key.
Participants today: Tobie Blanchard, Randy Nemitz, Linda Sleichter, Beth Raney.
Not participating: Elaine Edwards, Amy Taylor, April Martin, Steve Dodrill
- Board Report Feedback; Randy to deliver report during Board meeting? Input from group.
- Was sent to Kris Boone by Randy.
- Randy will attend board meeting if he's needed.
- Who will be attending Iowa meeting? Is there a need to meet.
- Randy, Tobie, Beth are attending. Linda is not. We'll meet informally sometime if it works.
- We've been invited to attend the SIG Leadership Training on Saturday by Larry Jackson, regarding use of eXtension for PD delivery.
- Discussion on Beth acting as Chair for 09-10' and Randy taking over SIG Liaison.
- On-line PD delivery options and connecting with eXtension until the ACE web 2.0 effort is viable.
- Randy still has 4 sessions from 2008 conference waiting to be posted when there is somewhere to post them.
- We're not sure what this committee's role is in PD Delivery
- Are we to sponsor something, or just support what SIGs are doing?
- Linda: ALI will be going all distance-deliver next year. Trying to make it a scholarship or discount for ACE members to participate. Nebraska would still be producing the content for the ALI.
- New PDC members; some rotating off and some requesting to be relieved of duties. Potential candidates? Are there ALI candidates?
- Elaine rotates off. Rob and Amy have asked to be replaced.
- Suggested names are needed. Tobie has someone in mind and will ask.
- Charge from the board; what is our mission for the next year?
- Need more direction of what this committee is to do.
- Are there specific efforts that we are to work on
- May have some Seal of Approval submissions this year since SIGs are going to talk about it on Saturday at their meeting.
- Why is the Listserv still not active? Thirdeye issues.
- Still not working... bounced to Randy today.
- He will also send to Mike the contact at Thirdeye.
- Thirdeye is to be keeping up the web site now, and the email address on the web site for this committee is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nichole Singleton at Thirdeye sent a note that indicates to remove the www. from the right side of the web site.
- We'd prefer email@example.com
- The ACE web site should be updated.